Sunday, July 27, 2008

Boat Races

I had a very solid recovery this week, and was actually able to get back to work on Tuesday and Wednesday for half-days, and back working full days on Thursday and Friday. I still struggled a bit to get out of bed in the mornings, but once I got going, I felt fine, and even got out and exercised a little the second half of the week.

Melissa and her parents came down for the weekend, as this was the big tourist weekend in the Tri-Cities. We had the annual hydroplane races on the Columbia River. My company put together a little potluck/picnic in a private beach area on the course, and we basically went out there and hung out in the sun and ate and overall enjoyed the races. Normally this time of year the temperature is well past 100, but the weather was absolutely perfect: low-90's with a breeze. By the end of the weekend I was definitely out of gas, but this served as a nice distraction to my treatments.

No comments: