Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Round Three

Once again, I should apologize for falling a little bit behind in my blogging. Spending 6 out of every 21 days in the hospital puts me way behind on getting everything done that I need to, and unfortunately this gets pushed to the back.

I am currently sitting in the hospital on day three of cycle three. The last couple days have been pretty much the same at the start of each of the last two cycles. I came in on Monday morning and had the Rituxan, then started on continuous infusion of Etoposide and Doxorubicin. Overall I've felt pretty good, though today (Wednesday) was quite up and down. I've kinda gone back and forth between sleepy and wide awake, and I've battled some nausea today. This evening, during the half-hour "break" I get, I was able to take a shower and walk around "The Garden" for a bit, though it was quite warm and I couldn't stay out there very long. On the way back up to the room I did stop by the chapel and said a couple of prayers. It is quite peaceful in there.

Overall, the last couple of weeks have gone pretty much as expected. I have my six days of treatment, leaving the hospital on Saturday, then I return to work on Wednesday, where I put in a few hours each day to finish the week, and the following week I'm back to 40+ hours. Compared to last summer, I don't get as sick as last time, but I am feeling crappier for longer.

I am pretty much ready to head home, though. Even though it has only been three days and two nights, I am majorly homesick right now, and am missing being snuggled in my own bed. That being said, I really don't have too much to complain about (except for the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on TV right now), and am actually doing better at this point than I thought I would.

No comments: