Saturday, July 19, 2008

Locked Out

I was discharged from the hospital this afternoon after completing my infusion of Cytuxin. Amy, my nurse, did a great job of getting me out of there as soon as possible, and my mom took me home around 2:30. I actually felt better than I did at the end of my last treatment, which was good. I spent the evening playing poker (took down a $3/90 donkament), and rewatching Game One of the Wings/Penguins Cup Finals Series from last month. Overall, I just vegged.

Funny story from last night (Friday). So, at Kadlec Hospital, they have this area called "The Garden", which is this little fenced-in, outdoors area with flowers and trees, a fountain, and some benches. It can't be more than 25' x 25', but is definitely a nice place to go to get some fresh air after being cooped up in my hospital room all day. Well, The Garden closes at 9:00 PM, but the way the door to The Garden had previously worked is that it was locked going into it starting at 9:00 PM, but you could always get back into the hospital. Well, after I finished my infusion on Friday, I went down there at like 8:57 PM and went in there. I sat on one of the benches and called Melissa and chatted with her until 9:15 or so. Well, I went back to the door, and wouldn't you know that it wouldn't open! I was locked in The Garden!

Well, after about 90 seconds of being confused, and another phone call to Melissa to share my "situation", and another 2 minutes of pulling on the door, I decided that I would have to hop the fence to get out. Well, luckily there's an area where the fence is only 3 or 4 feet high, so it wasn't too difficult. Anyway, following hopping the fence, walking around to the emergency room entrance, through registration, back through the maze to the B Elevators, up to the third floor, and back down the hallway, I finally got back to my room with a story to share...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog which stops in Fall 2008....please let me know how you are and I appreciate your informative blog so much....